It is natural to want to get the best results possible out of your Botox treatment. To do this, it is important to do everything the doctor tells you, take care of your skin and avoid doing those things that will negatively impact it in any way. Here are a few pointers to help you get the best results: –
- Don’t touch the place where the injections were done, even if it is painful. Rubbing or massaging the area will make the serum move to another muscle instead of staying where it will be most effective for wrinkle removal. Remember that the skin has been broken at the site and any touch can spread germs and bacteria from your hands into the needle puncture mark.
- Don’t do anything strenuous for the first 24 hours after the treatment. This will also help your Botox to stay where it was injected for the best results.
- Do not drink large amounts of alcohol. This can make you less aware of what you are doing and you are likely to rub the site or do something else that will negatively impact the results.
- Never have a facial, dermabrasion or chemical peel on the face straight after the treatment. Wait at least 24 hours; longer if possible.
- Don’t stand under a very hot shower straight after the injections, especially don’t let the water swish into your face. A warm shower that avoids your face is fine. Pat rather than rub your face to dry off.
- Don’t take medications, supplements or herbal remedies that are likely to thin the blood. You should have been given a list of what to avoid before your treatment. You will most likely have already stopped taking these before the treatment, but don’t start again until the doctor tells you to.
- Hold an ice pack against your face to help pain and bruising. This should be provided at the clinic.
- If you have bruising, gently smear on topical vitamin K or arnica. You can also have various laser treatments to reduce bruising. Otherwise, simply use concealing cream until the bruises fade naturally.
- Many doctors prefer their Botox patients to not smoke. Smoking tends to open the veins and capillaries and this can cause bleeding and hence, more bruising than necessary at the injection site. If you are a smoker, tell your doctor and be guided by his advice.
- Call your doctor if you have any unexpected side-effects or are worried about anything.
When you follow all the instructions properly you will find that your Botox treatment will go off smoothly and without any problems. Your skin will look amazing and you will look and feel much younger without those wrinkles.