To drive quality traffic to your e-commerce website, apart from Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), AdWords is one of the most successful techniques. That said, if scantily handled, it can lead to immense capital wastage. Check out the 7 AdWords mistakes which when corrected can unleash the complete prospective of AdWords and attain the utmost possible ROI.
- Continuing to Run Ads of Out-of-Stock Items: An instance of putting your investment to flames with zero return is when you keep running ads of out-of-stock products on your online shopping portal. It is a sure sign that you are facing trouble keeping record of your outsized inventory. Utilize the neat ways available to keep track of all the products as to what is in stock and what has been sold out.
- You can use– the Google Adwords script, recently written by Russell Savage, to automatically manage your entire stock. This will assist you to mechanically pause the advertisements of the out-of-stock items and save you ample cash.
- Not Constructing Granular Accounts with Adverts for Every Item: The success trick with Adwords is to construct granular accounts which direct the adverts towards the category pages, subcategory pages and also the product pages. Yet, a huge number of advertisers are unaware of this fact. Not writing adverts for each stocked item is a huge mistake that should be corrected immediately. Writing ads per product allows the owner to make profit on the increasing number of clicks and conversions as buyers looking for the most suitable items are usually delayed in the buying cycle. For an idea 5-10% conversion rate is pretty common. Handling thousands of items can be intimidating.
- You can use- Inventory-aware campaigns brought in by Google DoubleClick and AdWords Robot. This campaign forms ad groups, keywords & adverts mechanically for all the items. It does so via pre-defined templates, which depends on the data in your Google Merchant Center.
- Not Adding Social Proof to Ads: Research on consumers has shown that 61% of users go through the online reviews of products before going ahead with making the online purchase. An excellent method of building the consumer trust in the particular brand of items you deal in and engage extra real estate on the Google search result first page is through publishing product reviews and trust symbols. Seller rating extensions and Review extensions are two of the best ways of achieving this kind of confidence and position.
- The 5 stars that are visible along with the adverts in Google search results are seller rating extensions.
- Review extensions are a fabulous way of adding social proof to ads. A condition to use review extensions is that you need to have a completely independent review on a trustworthy website.
These 3 AdWords e-commerce mistakes have the capability to majorly shock your ROI. Religiously, review your AdWords account on a regular basis to make sure that none of these mistakes are prevalent. If any mistake prevails, utilize the given solution to get rid of them.