Has figuring out the right data management strategy for Big Data been a tough call? Not anymore! This write-up takes a dig at how small and large scale companies can build effective, refined and flawless data management plans.
1. Silos: The Well-Known Issue
Problem: The major intension behind Silos was to assist workers to remain completely focused at their individual responsibilities. Silos didn’t work out as it wasted ample capital by splitting workers and thereby obstructing productivity. Those set of people (Eg: Marketing & sales) who should have been working together where separated which in turn curbed the business advancement.
Solution: Building a joint centre can work out in this matter. Progressive thinking businesses can create a shared centre where each and every group can feed in and take out significant information from the Big data.
2. Exhibit All That’s Possible
Problem: Identifying all the diverse elements of the Big data that would work for different groups and sketching out an idea of all those elements coming together as a whole is great! However, the degree of the task might stall you down.
Solution: Sort out the major perks and make them the top priority. Steadily, move on to the minor elements and see the entire thing come together bit by bit.
3. First Organize Then Execute
Problem: As the ideas flow in from various groups, there is a rush to begin working with all the date. That’s a wrong move.
Solution: Do not rush, take it slow. At the very onset, the information at hand should be organized. This is essential to curtail data accumulation. The security of Data Management strategy is the main priority.
4. Data Management Plan: The Initial Construction Piece
Problem: With a freshly formed interconnected bunch, you will know about the huge pile of data that other groups have had all this while but were not known to you due to the silos constructed between departments.
These extremely useful yet unexploited and unused data cover first part data which are the data from gadgets/mobile applications, social shares & likes, user subscription data and CRM data. Other data are those that are mostly gathered via surveys, email marketing etc.
Solution: Businesses desiring to craft a data management plan should first record all the first party data they contain and then seek further information to encompass user profiles.
A few Tips:
- With all the data at hand, you need to sort out their relevancy based on your company.
- Once the data is sorted, it should be prioritized and placed into the decided strategy. This will assist in construction and with no personal identifiable info used, will give your user personas a complete face-lift.
- Since users interact via multiple platforms, hence along with collection of information, giving users a supreme experience is a must. Data management goes further ahead of promotion and immerses every interaction your customer shares with you.
It is high time you start crafting a strategy. Luckily, now you know the foundation blocks and how to move with it in order to perfect your data management pan and churn money.