Coriander also known as cilantro is aromatic herb an affluent source of iron, manganese, nutritional fibre and magnesium. Coriander in addition to above is also a store of protein, Vitamin K and Vitamin C and Carotene. It is along with the rich supplier of various nutrients, which is a vital part of the diet.
It is a taste activator when eaten in the form of chutney and enhances the presentation and flavour of food when used for garnishing on vegetables.
Coriander seeds are an integral part of spices and leaves when used in salads and soups along with enhancing the presentation value of the food it also provides health benefits too. Though it is in normal day to day life has just become a herb to garnish, but its nutritional contents enrich and safeguards the body from an incurable disease from cancer to a mouth ulcer.
Coriander leaves have high health beneficial value:
- Coriander leaves the content of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body that is a chief cause of the cardiac attack and on the other hand, it shoots up good cholesterol (HDL) in the human body.
- Coriander leaves have a high potent to cure diabetes disease results due to high-level f blood sugar in the body. It arouses insulin secretion in the body thereby declining the level of blood sugar in the blood.
- Coriander leaves due to the high content of Iron in it is a highly effective treating in anaemia and iron deficiency disease.
- In the case of excess or uncontrollable menstrual flow to women, coriander seeds help in reducing or minimizing menstrual flow.
- Coriander leaves act as a memory booster as it is highly beneficial for the nervous system.
- The trait of being good antioxidants, Coriander leaves safeguards eyes from eye diseases and infections. Conjunctivitis also known as flu in common language can be cured easily and effectively by Coriander leaves.
- Coriander is extremely valuable against inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.
- Coriander’s natural anti- septic trait makes it highly effective against mouth ulcer.
- Coriander also helps the body to fight against deadly diseases like lung cancer and cavity cancer as a fat soluble vitamin, and antioxidant vitamin A fights against them.
- The presence of Vitamin K IN Coriander enables it to battle against health issues such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Liver being the vital part of our digestive system is also very much benefited from Coriander leaves. It stimulates bowel movement and liver function leading to the improved digestive system.
- Along with health issues, coriander leaves when used along with turmeric also eradicates blackheads and white-heads of the face.
- Coriander is highly effective in curing the urinary infection.
- Coriander also prevents Nausea and vomiting.
Make a deliberate attempt to not to forget to add coriander in your diet as a herb used just for garnishing may be passively preparing and preventing your body to fight against hazardous diseases.