So, when you’re you’re in a relationship where not a lot is happening between the sheets, you know that it is one relationship on its way to ‘splitsville’. With very few exceptions, relationships just can’t survive a lack of physical fun. If this sounds like you, especially if you’re the frustrated partner, here’s a list of common problems that lead to the bedroom doldrums:
- Stress – The number-one killer of sexy-time is stress. We all live stressful lives in a demanding world. If you can take a one-week vacation far away and suddenly you’re doing it like bunnies again, that’s your answer.
- Overwork – If one partner is pulling eighteen hour days, whether it’s earning the family bread or taking care of the kids, they will simply be too tired to be your entertaining concubine – period.
- Boredom – If a partner insists on sex in the same position at the same time with the same conditions every time, and it’s over in five minutes, there’s your problem. One partner is probably yearning for spicy adventures and erotic fireworks, while the other one has all the imagination of a dead mackerel.
- Distraction – This is the realm of temporary problems: The recent death of a loved one, a financial setback, an ongoing dispute, or even some nagging domestic problem can temporarily dam the erotic juices.
- Lack of Attraction – Has one or both partners let themselves go to pot? Can be a lack of hygiene or weight gain.
- Health Problems – Despite what medical ads would have you believe, this is relatively rare. But yes, impotence happens, as do other biological problems involving post-natal complications or other issues. Even lack of healthy eating and regular exercise can kill libido.
- Interpersonal Issues – When one partner is angry at another, and decides to “punish” their partner by withholding sex. Talk it out.
And if you don’t have a partner yet, you could always try speed dating – and keep in mind the tips above for a happy relationship in the bedroom.