Sometimes it’s best to get back to the basics. After all, we can’t focus on the advanced end of relationship college all the time, can we? So, Huffy-Poo asks “should you move in?” Good, basic advice.
Here’s some things you give up when you move in together:
- Your independence. Goes without saying: suddenly you’re a Household together!
- Your privacy. It might be fun to have your lover around for cuddle-time, but what about when you wake up in the morning, shamble to the bathroom, and blow congestion out of your sinuses?
- Your own rules. Do you have a certain level of housekeeping you maintain? Prepare to have it challenged.
- Your own schedule. Ever match a day-worker with a graveyard-shift worker?
- Your own lifestyle. People who like to crank up the stereo and knock back a cocktail will find themselves feeling shut in by people who spend two hours per night in quiet reading over a book.